Pages

Celebrating braids and sneakers!

March 8, 2016

We had a pretty amazing few days here!  My daughter has not asked for her hair to be done in two years because she couldn't tolerate the feelings and sensations. She wanted wavy hair for school so we braided last night! I kept expecting her to ask me to stop but she didn't. She watched in the mirror, turning her head side to side, smiling at her reflection.

Another special milestone is a little purchase I made while she was at school.  I bought a pair of sneakers, brought them home, and she loves them! I can do that now! Just buy something for her that she can wear! It used to take, no exaggeration, a month, many stores, and no less than 20 pair of shoes before she could "settle" on a pair. Then mornings would still be torture having to put them on.

I took a picture this morning that I will always treasure.  This little girl with her wavy hair, new sneakers, and a big genuine smile, sitting with her little sister before school. Younger sis is smiling big and I see the calm on her face now that she can relax in the mornings, without being on guard for the thing that will send her sister in to a meltdown. These two sisters can just be kids together.

I would say, there are no words but if you know me you'd know how silly that would sound (obviously no loss for words here). I could go on and on about all the every day little moments I cherish. For today, that is enough. ❤️❤️❤️

No comments :

Post a Comment