Pages

Hope Springs Eternal

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

We have lift-off!  The last two weeks have been a period of steady progress and my heart is full. I made some big changes to our treatment plan and something is working. She has color in her cheeks, her eyes are sparkly, she's happier, tantrums don't last forever, she's gotten dressed by herself for several days now!  I am so happy I want to shout from the rooftop!  And once again, I am reminded that parenting healthy children is infinitely easier than parenting sick children.

I stopped a lot of supplements and two of her three prescriptions, removing one thing at a time and watching for negative reactions. There were no improvements but nothing got worse either. I added a b complex supplement at a very low dose, and some other supplements and therapies.  I also started managing flaring symptoms with a new protocol which worked beautifully against agitation and anxiety. After a week or so I was able to stop the flare protocol and she's been great!

I have been around long enough to know that this may be a short-lived phase, but I have also learned a lot about PANS, the immune system, exotoxicity, and the inflammation process in the body. I feel better armed to handle future flares.

I'm going to just throw caution to the wind and let myself be excited. I'm going to revel in the knowledge that I did something to help my daughter. I'm going to take advantage of this opportunity to breath, relax, and enrich our lives. Focus on enjoying the simple things again and appreciate that we aren't living in a constant state of being on guard.

Strenth. Love. Hope. Resilience. NEVER give up because the end game is priceless.

No comments :

Post a Comment